Bright sparks here is a chance to win $2,000 USD worth of prizes, institutional support and mentorship at the Hub Unconference at Shoko Festival 2016 and take your dream from idea to reality. If you’re into new media, tech and citizen journalism for positive social change then these awards are for you!
Follow in the footsteps of previous Hub Award Winners including Lucky Aaaroni from Bustop TV, Spiked.co.zw and TV Yangu. Submit your concept to email@example.com with a basic description of your idea – Who, What, Where, Why and How. Individuals/teams will be selected to pitch their ideas in front of a panel of local and international judges during the Hub Unconference from the 23rd – 24th September 2016. The judges will conist of leading new media figures including Caroline O’Donovan from Buzzfeed (USA) and Sir Nige from 263 Chat (Zimbabwe)
Your ideas should fall in the following categories:
1. Women Rising Award – Award for advocating for women’s rights and voices using new media and technology
2. Speak Truth to Power Award – Award for new media solutions & platforms encouraging accountability & youth engagement (with local authorities, local council, university authorities, central government and so forth)
3. Your Voice Award – Award for best up-and-coming individual blog or citizen journalism platform
4. Fix Up Award – Award for the best new media/tech solution to address poor service delivery in communities, environmental solutions and climate change.
T’s & C’s
- Individuals or teams members should be between the ages of 16 – 35 years old.
- Residing in Zimbabwe
- Be available on 23rd – 24th September 2016
- 2014 & 2015 Hub Awards applicants are allowed to apply but previous Hub Winners are disqualified.